My Favorite Recipes

This is a collection of some of my favorite recipes. Not necessarily elaborate and intended to host different ideas, creations, or adaptations of foods in one place so I can plan my menus by looking in one place.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Desserts

  • Fat-Free Dulce de Leche: Not the same as store bought (I prefer San Ignacio brand for lower calories), but very good. For those who don't know, it's basically a very yummy caramel type of sauce, but it's thicker and has more flavor. Place a can of fat-free condensed milk in a deep saucepan and cover with water. Boil for about 2 hours (make sure there's always enough water to cover the can or it will explode). Let cool then open can and stir in 1 tsp of vanilla extract and transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate. 1 tsp is 18 calories, 0g fat, 0.5g protein, 4g carbs, and 7mg sodium.


1) Banana Mash: A childhood favorite for me. 1/2 a banana mashed well, 1/8 cup fresh orange juice mixed in with banana, 1 tbsp raisins or granola (optional) on top, then the mixture drizzled with 1 tsp of honey and topped with a tbsp of sugar-free or fat-free whipped cream. With raisins: 126.2 calories, 1g fat, 1.2g protein, 30.1g carbs, and 6.2mg sodium.

2) Italian Creme Cake: Okay, this one is too good so I don't have any plans on making it often. A recipe that I pretty much followed from Cooking Light Magazine except for the following changes: I use 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 1/2 cups of Splenda, I use 1/4 cup light margarine and 1/4 cup fat-free Promise spread, for the buttermilk I use 1 cup of fat-free Carb Coundown with 1 tbsp of lemon juice, and I use another flavor extract instead of coconut. For the icing I made the following changes: I used fat-free Promise spread for the butter, fat-free cream cheese, and 1 cup of Splenda instead of powdered sugar. My version of this cake came out to about 234 calories per piece (12 servings total).

3) Banana and Dulce de Leche: Another favorite of mine is 1/2 a banana topped with 2 tsp of Dulce de Leche. 73 calories, 1g protein, 0.6g fat, 17.4g carbs, and 25.9mg sodium.

4) Brownie with Nuts: If you make the single serving size instructions, No Pudge Fudge Brownies are divine. I make it in the microwave and top it with some nuts and whipped cream. Be warned, if you make the whole mix, you will most likely end up having 3 to 4 servings instead of one because they are that good.

5) Ice Cream with Graham Crackers: Simple dessert, but good. I crush a sheet of low-fat honey graham crackers and sprinkle them on top of a 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla ice cream. 152 calories, 1.4g fat, 4g protein, 31g carbs, 150mg sodium.

6) Ice Cream Sundae: 1 scoop of a low-calorie SF ice cream (I prefer vanilla), 1 tsp almond or peanut butter, and 1 tsp dulce de leche or jam. Drizzle or mix in the nut butter and jam and eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home